Fw: [Amps] Amp Problem Still

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:52:47 -0800

Ed,
-
There is no reason why you have to troubleshoot the path
with the amp even plugged in.  A good quality multi-
meter will do the job with the line (mains for you people
across the water) plug out.  I'm pretty much sold on
using only fluke meters.
Quoting a friend from my past... "If it's a good meter,
it must be a fluke."
-
cheers
skipp
-

Well no joy in Hooterville. I ended my search for no idling plate current
by
replacing all 4 811s with a couple of known good ones. Still show grid
current, but no idling plate current. Meters and shunts are good, the
glitch
diodes also checkout. Evidently I'm left with no plate voltage. But other
than the 10 ohm resistor (which checked good) there is nothing else in
line
back to the rectifier board. So now to "rig" a plate voltage circuit in
the
amp. Geesh I hate playing with HV.....it can hurt you bad....real bad.
Guess
I'll have to tap off the top of the choke, as it is the easiest to get
to.
Any other ideas as to what to look at for a cause ? I'm fresh out.

Ed W3NR

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com