[Amps] 4-1000A Vs 3-1000Z
wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:01:17 EST 2003
1. 4-1000A is cheaper than 3-1000z
Above prices from Richardson Electronics either Triton or
Amperex....DON'T get TRITON!!!! Amperex tubes are much better.
2. 4-1000A is available on the used tube market the 3-1000z is not. The
4-1000A tubes can be had used for around $100 with full output.
3. The standard pole transformers which were popular for building power
provide much more than 3KV unless you drop the input voltage down to
40 or 50 volts.
4. At 5 or 6 KV the 4-1000A in grounded grid requires much less drive than
5. You don't have to operate the 4-1000A in grounded grid it can easily be
operated in grounded cathode configuration.
At 06:07 PM 1/27/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Why 4-1000A become popular now for Legal Limit Amplifier.
>Why people did not use 3-1000Z.
>Use 3-1000Z on GG will be avoiding the monster 6KV of plate voltage.
>Firson - YD0LZH
More information about the Amps