[Amps] re {Amps} Pole Pigs

Bill L. Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Jan 27 22:27:43 EST 2003

I have had around a half dozen pole pigs over the years.
by the time you get rid of the case and the oil they weigh less than 70 or 80 lbs.
Also, in the old days hams used inductive input filters in their power supplies because most use mercury vapor rctifiers.
   One probem was getting rid of the old oil soaked into the fish paper and windings. Some would wrap them with cheese cloth and bake them in the oven to force the oil to wick into the cheese cloth. Can you imagine what the XYL had to say after that operation was completed?

73
Bill wa4lav