[Amps] Connecting Bleeder Resistors

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 22:38:06 EST 2003

I plan on using 4 32uf @4500WV GE "Geconol"  filled capacitors in a series -
parallel configuration, 2 series strings of 2 then connected in parallel.  I
plan on using 2 62K 210W  bleeder resistors  in series for a total of 124K.
My question is: do I have to connect the junction of the 2 resistors to the
junctions of the 2 sets of series strings of capacitors?  Is it necessary to
equalize each oil filled cap?

                      cap            cap                res
connect the dotted lines?
                      cap            cap                res