[Amps] Re: Swan 1200x mod to EL-509/519 tube

skipp isaham nospam4me at juno.com
Sun Jul 13 11:05:00 EDT 2003

Sure Mike,
-
Find the update/conversion information for the Dentron
GLA-1000 on the Svetlana pages and use it along with
the update information on the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
web server as a guide.  One other amplifier diagram
worth using as a reference is the Palomar 300a
amateur amp... the diagram found at
www.cbtricks.com
-
As a side bar note, FAR Circuits has new pcb mount
tube sockets versions of their Dentron board.
-
Anyway, no one I know has written up the conversion
of the Swan to the EL-509/519 tube, but similar
projects have been written up by various people.
-
The conversion should be straight forward.
Remember the 8950 has 12 volt heaters and
different sockets.  Whom ever sells you the
tubes should have the sockets.  I know of sources
for the pcb type socket if you make a board.
-
Hope that helps...
cheers
skipp