[Amps] FT-890 & Swan1200X

Mike Bishop ki4ame at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 20 05:54:45 EDT 2003

I recently purchased a Swan1200X and I'm trying to hook it up to my Yaesu FT-890 , the Swan 1220X has the mod. so it will work on other radio besides the swan radios. It has a single wire coming out the back and that goes top +12vdc and I was also sent a 2 wire belden cable with red and black wires in it. I have put a RCA jack on one end of the belden cable and put that to TX Ground on my Yaesu FT-890 and the relay on the radio is working, on the other end of the belden cable I put the black wire to -12vdc but I can't figure out where to put the red wire on the other end of the belden cable. This is the hook up I was told to do by the person I purchased the amp from but I never could understand where to put the red wire thats on the other end of the belden cable. I'm attaching a drawing of the connections and maybe someone can steer me in the right direction and tell me how to key the relay in the amp.

73's de KI4AME

http://www.carc.cc/
KI4AME
Mike Bishop