[Amps] Y448 (4PR1000) info needed

Verne Anderson verne.anderson at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 18 22:06:59 EDT 2003

Greetings,

Does anyone have a data sheet on the Y448 pulse tube made by National in
France and sold by Richardson Electronics in Texas.  I am unable to locate
the data sheet for that tube.
I believe it has some different specs than the Eimac 4PR1000.
I believe it needs more filament current than the 4PR1000 like about 30
amps.
I currently have an amplifier using a pair since the early 70's running
grounded grid.  Have only used it on 20 meters, but it is built as a
bandswitching  amp.
Any thoughts on using it on the other bands.  This amp started out as a
single 4-1000 and then converted to a pair of Y448's with a filament
transformer capable of 65 amps current.
Y448 tubes are very cheap to come by as most do not know what they are.
Any info appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Verne Anderson
W6LPM