[Amps] electronic switching

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Thu Jun 19 18:19:23 EDT 2003

Thanks Peter, I downloades the theorical stuff. ( had an issue of that
theorical stuff from Philips in 1974, but cant find it back) Very
interesting, but now its time to get thru
the paperwork, and d find out whats left of the basics after 35 years hi.
Never have been occupied in developpement since I spend most of my time
within the Philips SA in charge of the mobil radio after sales service....
Remeber  the first PIN's appeared in our gear in the early seventies.(
LOTUS)  which also where the first mobil radio's using a PLL.  PIN's were
used in  rx/tx antenna switch. Thousands went out, and never or never we had
troubles with one of them.....the raison we know so little about
these.Maximum power we switched with was 50 w starting in the 70 Mc/s band
up.
My goal , throw out a maximum of mecanical functions and replace it the
ellectronic way, which in turn will permit also software controled
functions. the base of this stupid idea should be an old FL2277B , no WARC
bands and no 160 meter.
I still have the nasty idea  to transform the amp, and maybe make something
modern with it.
Dreaming is still allowed nowadays I suppose ..... hi hi.

I learn a lot Peter, Steve an others who came back on my starting query,"why
dont we see switching systems based on PINdiode...."
Hope this discussion wont stop to soon .

Jos on4kj