[Amps] Re: Aluminum plate trick?

Ron w8ron at stratos.net
Mon Jun 30 10:00:25 EDT 2003

We had the same affect when I was working on the prototype NMR scanners.
 THe gradient coil perturbs the static magnetic field to determine
position information from the return signal.  When you step the gradient
quickly , the aluminum tube surrounding the coil produces eddy currents
from the changing field and alters the field until it settles out.

THe transformer core is pretty good at capturing most of the flux but
some leaks out and rattles the steel next to it.  Mu-metal might help.
---
Ron