[Amps] Dubus and Ham Radio Magazine

Ian White, G3SEK G3SEK at ifwtech.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 14:57:19 EDT 2003

skipp isaham wrote:

>-
>I was very sorry to see the end of Ham Radio Magazine. It
>was IMO by far the best Amateur Radio Technical Monthly.
>-
>Since the demise of HR, I've not found much available
>in meaty Amateur Technical Journals... until this last
>May. While at the Weak Signal / VHF and above Dinner
>in/at Dayton, someone threw extra print copies of Dubus
>Magazine on the counter for people to pick up.
>-
>Dubus is an international effort of VHF and above
>people, the magazine is a breath of fresh air. Much
>of the articles are well described projects.
>-
>If you've been going through Ham Radio Mag
>withdrawals, check out Dubus.

Thanks for those kind words, Skipp!

DUBUS really doesn't aim to become as great as Ham Radio once was - the
coverage is limited to VHF/UHF/microwave DX and related topics, but in
that specialized area we do aim to be the best. (I say "we" as one of
the international team of technical editors.)

It's always a mix of technical articles and operating news. The articles
are bilingual in English and German, so you don't have to be.

As Oliver says, the URL to remember is simply:
www.dubus.org

In most countries - including the USA - you can subscribe in your own
national currency, and the magazines are mailed to you direct from
Germany, four times a year.

>Also... a shameless request on my part to locate
>any spare or extra copies of Technik, I only have
>issue 3 and would like to buy/find/beg/borrow
>or trade for any other issue you might want to
>part with.  Technik is part of Dubus...

The Technik books are reprints of the best technical articles from
previous few years of quarterly issues. It's presently up to Technik V.
There are usually some interesting amplifier articles, depending of
course on what people have sent in.

The web site says which books are currently in print.

>Thanks, I encourage everyone to check out Dubus,
>might be your cup of technical tea. I'm sorry to
>be such a late arrival on the Dubus scene, but
>better late than never.

Welcome!

--
73 from Ian G3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
                            Editor, 'The VHF/UHF DX Book'