[Amps] Power supply design considerations

Dan dhearn at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jun 30 07:20:09 EDT 2003

Jim: Spark plug wire is excellent for the purpose and is easily available.
RG 213 class coax is also frequently used. Considering the safety aspects
you mention, I would use spark plug wire inside shield braid which is
grounded. The braid can be purchased from any of the wire suppliers or you
can remove it from coax. If you expect it to touch your leg, I would slip
the entire assembly inside spagetti tubing for a smooth surface.
  Re the cooling, I believe you will need a small blower or at a minimum,
air openings in the box for air circulation. Holes in the lower part of the
box for air entry and in the top of the box for hot air exit.
73, Dan, N5AR