[Amps] AL-80B questions

2 2 at vc.net
Mon Mar 3 03:40:09 EST 2003

>No, but you two guys have been battling it here for quite sometime
>and I do get each and every posting on this NG, most get trashed
>before I open them so yes I do filter manually, but not every single
>one.

Why not ?  Bellyaching is hardly good form.

> I was subscribed sometime ago, but became weary of this
>personal war you two have and unsubscribed.

So was some Wicked Wanda type making you tune in to the Tom and Rich show
?

>Well I had a couple of
>questions regarding a AL80A I purchased so I resubscribed to ask them
>and low and behold here you two are continuing to battle it out.

-  I can not support the Rauchian theory that Ni-Cr alloy is a conductor
whose AC resistance decreases as frequency decreases, so therefore it
will increase instead of decrease the Q of a VHF circuit.  As most
amplifier builders (and even some 11m amp builders) realize, this is
contrary to the way skin-effect works -- i.e., as frequency increases,
conductivity decreases.  //   Nor can I support Rauch's position that
dipmeters are not trustworthy.  //  Another problem is Rauch's theory
that AC circuit analysis does Not apply to VHF parasitic suppressors.
All of these items need to be discussed publically lest we abandon AC
circuit analysis and regress to casting about chicken bones to design RF
amplifiers.

>Why don't you take your personal battles to private emailing???

So killfile us.  Maybe a little Midol ® could ease the pain for some of
the more sensitive dudes on AMPS ?  It is my opinion that a discussion
without friction is a sure cure for insomnia.

>Mr. Roush
(Rauch) -- means 'smoke' in Deutcheland.
> is just as hardheaded as you are so you guys are never going to agree.

Mr. Rauch and I agree on some things.  Miraculous compact antennas is one
area.  MPD (multiple personality disorder) is another.

>I won't email you again regarding this unless you have another
>question.  By the way I do like your web site it has many useful
>articles, so I thankyou for that.

Tnx.  You're welcome.  You should thank the ARRL as well.   If *QST*
Editor Mark Wilson had not written two things about me that were not true
in the February, 1996 *QST*, my Web site would never have happened.
Thanks, Mark.

cheers, Dale

>>  >
>>>Rich, why don't you get off the high horse for a while and give us
>>>all a break.  Ok?
>>
>>**  there's someone in your shack who makes you read what I write?
>>>
>>  >Dale K9VUJ

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end