[Amps] Why hasn't solid state replaced tubes?

WYsixK wy6k at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 08:35:45 EST 2003

Naq, you're not cynical, Frank.

But I think the procedure is really more advanced than you outlined.

The real procedure is to run 2.5kw into an antenna aimed at the part of
the world that counts.  When someone gets too close, then run the power
up to 5kw and switch in an additional antenna aimed at the US
heartland.  I've been on the receiving end of that a couple of times
and I can attest that it works pretty well - I moved.