[Amps] Unknown 2m 2x4cx250b design?

Einar Persson sm3mxr at swipnet.se
Thu Mar 6 09:05:20 EST 2003

Hi all
I have a half built 2m  2x4cx250 project on the bench.
It is a strip line type, like the ARCOS 2x4cx250 amplifier I've been
using
for many years, with some differences.
It is built many years ago (>20?) by a local ham, but he remember almost

nothing about it.
Most of it is built with fiber glass circuit board and the main
differences from
the ARCOS are:
1. This one uses receiving type sockets with a home-brew screen
capacitor
    made from fiber glass circuit board. (Contact springs around the
tube screen ring)
2. The strip line isn't as wide (100 mm) as in the ARCOS so the tubes
sits closer together.
    Strip line length is 250 mm.
3. The chimney is like a box around both tubes, made of glass fiber
circuit board
    with most of the copper taken away.
4. Air is blown into the cathode compartment

Is there anyone on this list who knows if this is a known/published
design?

Einar, SM3MXR