[Amps] AL-80B questions

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Mar 9 08:59:09 EST 2003

At 12:16 AM 3/9/03 -0500, ad5gb wrote:
>I'm curious to know if there are others on this reflector who've
>experienced similar problems (any brand amplifier) that have been
>successfully solved with the AG6K ( or another design ) VHF supressor. To
>round out the study, one would also need to know if someone had installed
>such a thing and found that it *did not* solve the problem it was intended
>to correct, or if it caused other problems.

I replaced the Measures suppressors in an SB-220 with two conventional
suppressors I bought from KM1H, and power output on 10M increased about 100
watts.  The amplifier, which was quite well built by whoever the original
assembler was, is unconditionally stable.  I can, however, make the plate
tune cap arc by typical contester stupidities like transmitting into no
antenna, the wrong antenna or having the loading set much too light for a
given antenna.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm