[Amps] Clipperton Bandswitch wafer

mst montytaylor at texoma.net
Sun Mar 9 14:29:16 EST 2003

I need a wafer switch for a Dentron Clipperton L.  I purchased it about
a year ago and finally loaded it on 160 to a dummy load the other day
and “pop, pop, fizz, fizz” that particular wafer started arcing
immediately.  I inspected it and it looks like it had been damaged for
quite a while.  The other bands were affected, primarily 40 after the
incident, it would then arc on any band at the 160 wafer.  I just cut
the lead to the two 200 pf capacitors on the switch side and all is ok.
The wafer is S1C and switches in the two capacitors when the160 position
is selected, to ground.  It basically spans 6 (six) positions with only
switch position 1 and 6 wired.  It appears to be ¼ (D) shaft.   I will
gladly pay for the switch wafer and shipping.

Best regards,
Monty/WB5GLB since 1969