[Amps] RE: Parasitics

rlm 2 at vc.net
Mon Mar 10 03:57:19 EST 2003

It's not that anyone is smart, it's just that nobody apparently thought
about Why a R/L parastic suppressor reduces VHF gain and makes HF
amplifiers less likely to do the squirrel thing.
-   I didn't really get a handle on the practical details of the subject
until the Grate Debate with Mr. Rauch and his furious pack of yipping
lap-dogs.  A major player was Wes, N7WS.  Without his scientific
measurements and pertinant questions, the debate might not have concluded
in the few months that it did.
-  Congrats Wes.  Congrats, Tom. Congrats to John Ferebee, W2CYA, for the
sage advice on navigating this debate.

>I'm of the opinion that Rich is probably one of the smarter guys in this
>group.(there are a lot of smart guys here) Just face the facts...What he is
>teaching you about parasitics is correct. I know the amp builders that I
>associate with all agree with him on this subject. It just makes sense. Lets
>move on. This subject is very used up. No one is going to change their minds
>publicly on this one way are the other anyway.

good points, Jay.  However, it was something to talk about that's a bit
more interesting than discussing gout.  Without protagonists and
antagonists going at it face to face, the world would be a boring place.

have phun.

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end