[Amps] CB Amps

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Thu Mar 13 08:01:07 EST 2003

Wow, Steve.  You're fortunate.  I've been a ham almost 38 years (although
this is pretty irrelevant, since most of the "problems" have surfaced in the
last 5-10 years), and I've had *lots* of problems from illegal CBers and
"freebanders" making 10 and 12 meters about half useless at times.  Very
strong signals from within and outside the U.S.  FCC can't do much about the
folks below the border, I wouldn't think, but some of the ops are very
local.  When I get a meter-pinning signal that's still S9 on a dummy load,
that ain't DX, that's in the neighborhood.

-WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill