[Amps] 6 Meter Amp with two 4CX800A/GU74B's

Al n7ioh n7ioh at cybertrails.com
Thu Mar 13 10:22:41 EST 2003

    I am looking at building a 6 Meter amp using two Svetiana 4CX800A/GU74B's.  I would like to keep it relatively simple.  I am planing on building the power supply separate from the amp.  I want to run the tubes in a passive-grid-driven design.  How important is it to have a matched set of tubes?  What exactly is a matched set of tubes?  Has anyone got a set of schematics that would be helpful in designing and building this amp?

        Thanks, Al N7IOH

---