[Amps] 3KV switching power supply

RFlabnotes at aol.com RFlabnotes at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 12:23:45 EST 2003

Doug:
       Thanks for the recon on this one. I went to the website and checked it
out. From the specs, it is pretty certain that this supply does not use a
standard switcher topology. I sent a request to the company for further info,
particularly asking them if they would like to offer any info on what is
inside the box.

       If they choose to be totally secretive, I guess one of us will have to
volunteer to buy one for a peek under the hood. Otherwise, if I get a
meaningful reply, I will post it here for everyone's perusal.

       To me, the most impressive spec is the RFI claim. This is the
achille's heel of all high-power designs, with new and advanced topologies
being born every day that further address the RFI problem. But the other
specs here do not look at all that advanced - in fact, they hint at the whole
thing being an open-loop design.

       If anyone is interested in discussing the intricacies of switcher
design, meet me offline.

73
Eric von Valtier K8LV