[Amps] Progress Report

Roger D. Johnson n1rj at pivot.net
Sat Mar 15 18:09:26 EST 2003

 In the matter of Mr RF Whooligan vs N1RJ, I have finished the
submission to the US Attorny's office complete with supporting
documentation. It will be in the mail Monday morning. I'm sure
they will be especially interested in his eBay page where he
tells how much interference he caused his neighbors when operating
his garbage amplifier. He did leave me some interesting feedback.
Negative to be sure, but I think he damaged himself more than me!
This guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed!

 I also sent a missive to eBay delineating Mr Whooligan's violations
of their listing policies and asking that he be removed. Evidently
Mr Whooligan has not read his user agreement. I also reiterated to
them that their own policy does not require that I complete a sale
when the item is not legal for sale.

 I plan a visit to the office of Sen Snow sometime this coming week.
She is on the Senate Telecommunications subcommittee. Perhaps I can
shake a few trees from the congressional angle. eBay can ignore me
but an inquiry from a member of congress asking why they permit the
sale of these illegal amps is much harder to ignore!

 My hate mail from the CB criminals has been very interesting! They
all sound like they were written by the same person. It's like some
giant hive mind out of a science fiction novel. They all attack me
in the same ways:

1 - I'm old
2 - I'm stupid
3 - I'm lonely
4 - I have nothing better to do than make someone's life miserable

I'd like to respond to these accusations.

1 - I'm 60 years old. Not many years ago I thought 60 was old too!
    Guilty as charged.

2 - This is harder to answer as stupidity is a relative thing. Based
    on my respondents use of the English language it's obvious that
    I'm better educated. Based on their inability to clearly elucidate
    their arguments, I would have to conclude that I am more intelligent
    than they. Overall, I would place myself somewhere between J Fred
    Muggs and Dr Einstein.

3 - Anything but! I have many friends and a loving wife.

4 - I'm sure all criminals are convinced that the whole reason for the
    existance of police forces is to make their lives miserable! Have
    you ever noticed that criminals are very concerned about their own
    rights but don't seem to care about the rights of others? Ask one
    of these dolts about his responsibilities and see the blank stare.

Enough soapbox!

73, Roger