[Amps] SB-200 Question

rlm 2 at vc.net
Mon Mar 17 06:32:41 EST 2003

>Hello everyone, I just got a SB-200 for my Elecraft K2/100 transceiver.  Can
>anyone tell me what I need to do to make this amp work on my transceiver?
>Also, what mods are "must have" for the SB-200

If I bought a SB-200, I would:
1.  Change it from negative-V RL-Control to positive.
2.  Remove the cockamamie, not-standard R/T bias arrangement and orig
relay.
3.  Add the high-speed switching mod  so it won't hotswitch with modern
transceivers.(c.$60)
4.  Use the orig relay to add stepstart. (c. $4)
5.  If new 572Bs are to be installed, improve VHF stability. (c.$13)

cheers, Sam

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end