[Amps] 813 No parasitics

rlm 2 at vc.net
Tue Mar 18 07:40:37 EST 2003

I would think so.  However, there have been more than a few reports of
this occurrence with solid-state radios.  Perhaps the reason is that
Chebyshev and Butterworth band-pass filters used in solid-state
transceivers contain series capacitances which may short under a voltage
transient, thereby delivering energy to the final transistors.  On the
other hand, tuned input Pi-network capacitors are in parallel with the
signal path, so a short to ground would seem to stop energy from entering
the radio.