[Amps] Re: COLLINS Engineering

peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com
Mon Mar 24 10:59:27 EST 2003

Eric said:

> P.S. For the record, what was GB's equivalent of COLLINS? Never saw much
of
> it over here, but I am sure that Plessey, Ferranti, or someone like that
> knew a thing or two about this subject too.

Take your pick from Marconi, Racal, Redifon, Plessey (only up to about 1kW
at HF), STC.

Racal and Marconi and STC were big in the point to point stuff. Marconi
were for a long time the naval suppliers: Racal were big in military. These
days, Racal is Thales (the French Thomson - Alcatel group), the Marconi
side such as is left is either Alenia (Italian) or BAE Systems, STC (part
of ITT) got out of the HF side years ago and what's left of them is Nortel.
Redifon are still there, mainly as suppliers of naval HF equipment to other
countries, mainly, I believe, in south America.

And yes, Ian, I am travelling - I'm in Sweden this week!

73

Peter G3RZP