[Amps] Filament Inrush Control

Phil Clements philk5pc at tyler.net
Tue Mar 25 20:06:55 EST 2003

> **   Do Emtron amplifiers use a filament-type tube or a heater-type tube?
>  I know of no heater-type tube whose mfg recommends limiting inrush
> curent.

The Emtron DX-2 Alek is talking about uses a 4CX1600B.
There is no choice on the step-start because there is only
one transformer that supplies everything in the amp. The
PS filter contains 58 mfd worth of total C, so it is a prime
candidate for a good soft  turn-on.

BTW, Rich, sitting proudly between the anode and the plate
choke is a suppressor made from Nichrome wire.(3 resistors,
and a "U" shaped wire)

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC