[Amps] TenTec+Nichrome

2 2 at vc.net
Thu Mar 27 15:22:35 EST 2003

>I took your statement:

>to mean, 'they were suppressing parasitics....'.

**  They present a low Rp to the anode at vhf.

>Why does a High Q suppressor, in that context, not behave in the same
>way as a low Q suppressor if that High Q suppressor has inductance
>and resistance that are the same as the inductance and resistance of
>the low Q suppressor that is "doing it's job".

**  A high Q suppressor shifts the dissipative burden onto R-sup that a
L-sup made with resistance-wire would have have otherwise dissipated.  In
other words, what is not dissipated in L-sup must be dissipated in R-sup
in order to obtain the same reduction in vhf gain.

>behave in the same way = "get quite hot at 29MHz".
>
>The Low Q suppressors are moonlighting?

**  in order to be lossy at vhf, a suppressor must be somewhat lossy at
29MHz.

have phun, Bob