[Amps] TenTec+Nichrome

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Fri Mar 28 12:18:30 EST 2003

    minimize undesired positive feedback through careful design.
    this design may require a phase shift in the feedback path.
    the component introduced to effect this phase shift will
    resonate with the rest of the circuit at come frequency and
    if this resonance results in a new positive feedback it is
    easily dealt with by way of heavy parallel damping.

    none of this REQUIRES the introduction of a series resistance
    with it's associated reduction in efficiency...

    like I said below. if the designer cares to trade efficiency
    for design effort and time, the NiCr device is an excellent
    approach. likewise, if one is stuck with an existing bad
    design the NiCr device can be a very attractive 'fix' when
    compared to the alternatives, making the tradeoff acceptable.

    there's more than one way to skin a cat and the best way
    often depends on the cat and what one wants to do with it,
    and/or it's skin, once they've parted company.

-bob
ah7i