[Amps] Capacitor checker

Dennis12Amplify at aol.com Dennis12Amplify at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 00:52:54 EST 2003

> >Can someone tell me what is a good low cost capacitor checker. I wanting
> >use this to check air and vacuum variable caps plus doorknobs, something
> >that will check up to 1000 PF.
>
> I think the "Almost All Digital" L/C Meter IIB is the best little
> test instrument for low value (typical HF) components for
> the money.  There are a lot of DVMs that have C and L ranges
> but they are typically not very good for pF and uH readings.
>
> IIB is $100 kit and $130 assembled and tested.  I use it all of the
> time.
>
> http://www.aade.com/
>
> John  W0UN

I have been using mine for years here. Sits at a promanant spot on my
work bench. Also, roller coils can be quickly set to the desired L, as
well as setting up tank circuits in a jiffy.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

 Ditto!

 I have been using one since the first prototype kits came out, upgraded the
prototype, and bought a second kit for a back up because I would be lost
without it.

 He also has some very nice programmable digital readouts with pre-settable
IF offsets and additive or subtractive VFO totalling for the frequency
readout that can be programmed differently for each band.

Regards,

Dennis O.