[Amps] Re: Dayton time...

Dave Haupt emailw8nf at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 22:21:25 EDT 2003

Skipp's references are to Tom N8ZM and Daun N8ASB.
Generally, at the famous U-Haul trailer, occupying two
spaces near Hara, not far from one of the infamous
greasy sausage spots in the flea market.  Daun N8ASB
or his wife Karen N8CXS are most likely to be at the
table most of the time.  Ask for "Dave or Skipp" and
they'll probably say, "Did they get into trouble
again?  We are NOT their parents!"

For a visual ref to W8NF, see:

http://www.redxa.com/fd2002/graphics/fd02_15.jpg

I'll even be wearing the same cheap watch.

The past few years, I've met some interesting AMPS and
non-AMPS folks.  Had a nice chat with hizzoner Mr.
Fuqua, and saw W2CQM several times but Ron was doing
the Speedy Gonzales routine seeking some amp part or
another.

On occasion, I may also spell W9KNI at the Idiom
press/Bencher/Butternut booth in the 'fest.  No
business relationship, just a pal who likes to go see
the flea market.

Dave W8NF

Herr Isaham schrieb:

-
An informal Dayton meeting place outside (for
amps people).
-
Dayton DARA friends Tom and Daun often
have a flea market space at the row end near
the Ice rink corner side exit (not the rear exit).
Last year a covered U-Haul Trailer was the
storage vehicle of choice.
-
Dave and I often check in and out of the
group of trouble makers holding down the
fort.  Just come up and ask one of the group
who we are if you'd like to say hello.
-
I'll buy you a cup of famous Ice Rink coffee
which serves second duty as asphalt sealer
during summer parking lot repairs.
-
Don't know the proper name for it, but
many of us attend the VHF/UHF EME &
Weak Signal Dinner (Holiday Inn). We often
see Jon there...
-
Hope to see some of you there, I'm the
guy without the beard.