[Amps] sb-230 mods

kevin schuchmann kschuchm at pacbell.net
Fri May 16 15:29:17 EDT 2003

Hello All,
   I recently have picked up a heathkit sb-230 amp, it looks like it had a
flash over in the grid circuit  at some point which was repaired... the amp
works but its a bit squirrly in its tuning,  so I'm cleaning things up on it
and I'm going to add a HV glitch resistor and some diodes on the meter for
some protection...

I not real thrilled with the 2 beads on the anode lead... is that really
enough? or would I be better off to put a more traditional parasitic
suppresor in there?  any coments or ideas on other mods  to prolong the life
of these hard to get 8873's would be appreciated...

Thanks and 73
Kevin
WA6FWF