[Amps] 4-1000 output

Ku4uk at aol.com Ku4uk at aol.com
Fri May 23 01:03:24 EDT 2003

Thanks to all who help me on this home-brew amp. Now that I have it built. I
need more help. To start with. The tube was found on ebay. dont know if it is
good are not. Dont have one to put in amp to see if it is the tube.  Ok  this
amp is only built for 160, 80, 40 meters. Tank  circuit is tuned to these
bands. No shorts are opens.in high voltage or tank. Antenna relay working right.
Two 1000 pf 12000 volts blocking caps. Ssb resting plate is about 90 ma. On
transmit I can turn drive up to about 400 ma plate & 200 grid. Tune & load caps
have no effect on grid or plate current while trying to load. Inline output
meter shows no watts out. Wouldn't I see some power out, even if the tank wasn't
right ? Thanks to all in group that can help. ku4uk