[Amps] FL2100Z on 160 meters

Osten B Magnusson sm5dqc at algonet.se
Thu May 29 11:05:09 EDT 2003

Here I am again with my ''problem'' FL2100Z. Seems to be
working OK now - at the moment with Chinese 572B's - but
one, rather two, questions:

The amp delivers normal output on all bands except 160
meters, tuned into a 50 ohm dummyload it delivers 350 watts.
Seems to have to do with the loading - changing C2 settings
doesn't make much difference - now for the question:

Is this ''normal'' for the FL2100Z or not?

What changes in the loading circuit may help?

Thanks in advance and 73 de Osten SM5DQC

sm5dqc at algonet.se