[Amps] 30L1 Tuning

RFlabnotes at aol.com RFlabnotes at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 12:48:26 EST 2003

I have an old 30L1, which has been in and out of use here for some time. It
has also been the cite of several interesting ( and not always successful!)
enhancements. I found it quite easy to modify the meter circuitry to read grid
current, in place of the infamous 'TUNE' position. This, along with a wattmeter
in the feedline, makes it possible to quickly and easily get it optimized at
full output without hosing the 811A (or 572) grids. If you are interested, drop
me a line and I will send a copy of the page in my lab notebook which
documents this, as well as data for conversion to 572's for 1KW+ output.

Eric von Valtier K8LV