[Amps] Water Cooling

gw4dgu at blaenffos.org gw4dgu at blaenffos.org
Mon Nov 3 20:10:47 EST 2003

K9EA wrote:

> I note however, that I lean toward a homebrew "coil of copper tube"
approach that can serve as a liquor still when the band is dead.

Dan, those are the words of a genius! What better way of disguising a still
from those pesky Excise men... This could encourage me to thow away my solid
state PAs and return to the tube fold......

Serious-ish note. Just in case you are wondering, water/alcohol mixes go
into the vapour phase at too high a temperature to make them viable for
cooling solid-state PAs. A reliable SSPA will be designed for junction
temperatures of 120C.

73

Chris
GW4DGU