[Amps] SB220

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Nov 5 08:15:14 EST 2003

At 04:57 AM 11/5/03 -0800, R.Measures wrote:
>***  "This ship is unsinkable".   "This amplifier is unconditionally
>stable".
>--  Wait 'till Pete installs a  new pair of tubes.

Been there, done that, NOS Eimacs.  No change.  I agree with Rich that
unconditionally stable is an overstatement -- I probably should have said
"I've never made it oscillate, and I have tried."

I do think that initial build quality probably has a lot to do with
people's experience with these amps -- a couple of cold solder joints in
the wrong places could make a big difference.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm