[Amps] Anyone ever use a 6C21?

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Nov 5 04:57:30 EST 2003

A 450TH should do OK in g-g linear service, however, since the Mu is only
38, power gain should be only c. 6 or 7.  Thus, it would probably take
200w to drive one to the speed limit.  If I were going to use a 450TH for
a SSB linear, I would use more than the rated 6kVDC to supply the anode,
Sine the AM/plate-mod. rating is 4500VDC, - which is 9000V-peak - an
8000V-no load supply should do well for SSB - provided the 450TH is tuned
up with dits or pulses in order to avoid melting holes in the tantalum
anode.
--  If the Mu of a 6C21 is >30, a SSB-amp using one should be possible.