[Amps] Y-621B tube questions...

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at eon.net.au
Sun Nov 9 16:53:18 EST 2003

G'day David,

It sounds like one of those little planar triodes.

Have a look at the Eimac Quick Reference Catalog. The 8940, 8941 and 8942
may be similar.

I have a couple of Y-670A tubes which are not listed by Eimac. When I asked
for specs, they sent me a copy of the 8942 specs.

They are also similar. They were used in a 420MHz pulse amplifier as a
driver for a 8932 final. Other variants of these amps used a single
3CX400U7 coaxial triode as the driver.

If anybody wants my two tubes, they are welcome. I'll even throw in the
complete amplifier/cavity assembly tuned to 430MHz.  Digital pics available.
It is available for the cost of shipping. $30 would cover it I'm sure.