[Amps] AL-1200 Grid Current - negative?

Dana Roode K6NR at ARRL.net
Sun Nov 9 11:36:49 EST 2003

Amps folks -

Ok, I removed the tube and the meter still went negative.  I checked the
filament connections with the tube out, nothing is shorted to ground.

I was suspect of the metering circuit itself.  The left multi-function meter
measured 300 ohms across the terminals, the right grid meter measured 15k.
The parts list indicates both meters are 300 ohm 1ma.

I took the grid meter apart, it has a component (a precision resister, I
assume) in series with each internal meter movement lead.  One measured 100
ohms, the other about 15k.

I am pretty clueless about this, and Im at a loss as to why a 100ohm
resister would become 15k, but perhaps this is my problem.

   Dana