[BULK] - Re: [Amps] Getting Back In

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Tue Nov 11 07:22:02 EST 2003

Steve mentioned the problem of getting power for the Alpha 77 in a hotel.
"...not to mention requiring hotel rooms with 240V outlets...here in the
States, I don't find any like that.  WB2WIK/6"

The answer is not difficult.  When you get the room, specify that you want a
second room with the other phase of the 220 line, or use a long extension
and go from room to room to find a complementary 120 volt line and combine
them.  Every time I take my Alpha 77 along to a hotel, I use that method of
getting power.  Running two power cords is not a big deal for the thrill of
being able to take you Alpha 77 along with you on your vacation.

The next installment of this thread is how to backpack your Alpha 77 to take
along skydiving.

Colin  K7FM

---