[Amps] how to check grid current

R.Measures r at somis.org
Tue Nov 11 07:41:25 EST 2003

***   I would start by measuring the full-scale deflection of the grid-I
meter with the amp unplugged, and recalibrate the meter if needed.  I
would do the same thing with the plate/anode meter.
-  If there are no glitch-protect diodes across the meter movements, I
would add them.   Next I would measure the R of the 811A filaments to see
if they are intact.  The reason I would do this is because I have seen an
AL-811 with open filaments in three tubes.

good luck, Alan