[Amps] searching for original 4cx1000 qst project info

Radio WC6W wc6w at juno.com
Tue Nov 11 09:36:42 EST 2003

Hi Skipp,
    Perhaps it was a combination of memories?

    The article appeared in CQ Magazine, July 1990, pp. 60-65 but... it
referenced several articles in QST describing the "features"...

   ALC -- QST July 1986 pp. 38,39 47
   Plate meter protection -- QST November 1987, p. 41.
   HV metering -- QST December 1988, p. 43.
   Protection Circuitry -- QST November 1989, pp. 22-25

   That last one listed above may be the one Ralph recollects...

   The author was Mark Mandelkern formerly KN5S, now K5AM e-reachable
via: k5am at zianet.com

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W