[Amps] Tentec Titan Vacuum Relay Question

W5PR W5PR at swbell.net
Mon Nov 17 06:16:17 EST 2003

> > The relay fused in my Titan.  Does anyone know the brand and part
number?
> > Or do I have to just bite the bullet and order it from Tentec?

> Did you look up the relay in the manual?

"K4"  :-)

>  Go ahead and call Ten-Tec to get a price, and try to get make and
> model
> from them.

I'm gg to do this today...

> Like fuses, most relay failures are from outside causes. To avoid welding
> another
> relay, a cause of the failure of the first one is certainly in order. Was
> the failure electronic
> in nature,  an act of God, or operator error?

I have had the amp for years and just now reread the manual.  It says you
should set up the amp for QSK for CW and VOX for SSB. I did not have it set
up for QSK and I think it may have been "hot keying" on CW.  So I guess this
falls into the "operator error" category...  If that's true, I wonder why it
wouldn't be hot keying on SSB?