[Amps] Ten Tec 425 titan

john naberezny we2f at arrl.net
Tue Nov 18 20:43:20 EST 2003

Hi Folks,
This amp has a 10 ohm wirewound 10 watt resistor in series with the plate RFC, with no cap to ground between them, an I burned one up badly this morning before it went pop, and took out the power supply main fuses. I replace it tonite, went back on 15, took tuner out of line, this time I saw the flash, got the pop, and then the fuses blew. It cracked the ceramic standoff holding the resistor, and the resistor was warm..
   Any ideas ? Company says it in the antenna- bull ! Got a problem in the other direction. Any ideas? Only a 15 meter problem.Had this amp from the factory 15 years now.
          73, John WE2F