[Amps] Fw: Parts needed for Drake L-7 amp

Torrey L. Mitchell torreym at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 19 21:14:09 EST 2003

Hi all,

Recently I blew up my L-7 by tuning up to max in the SSB position.  I'm having difficulty finding two components which need replacing.

The first is the green Drake-made capacitor C41 47 pF between the top and the middle of the HV plate choke.  Mine arced through and doesn't seem repairable.  Since this is a "home-brew" component made by Drake (to save $$ ?) I cannot rush out and buy one.  I'd like to stick to original components if at all possible.

The second component is the R12 0.82 ohm 2 watt power supply fuse resistor.  Harbaugh Electronics is the usual reliable source for these.  However, he just moved and won't be open for business again until mid-December.

Anyone who can help me get my hands on these components?  It would be immensely appreciated!

73 de Torrey N9AUJ