[Amps] AC or DC better for indirectly heated cathodes?

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Nov 20 07:26:26 EST 2003

Keep in mind that most DC regulated supplies are not intended to be
operated in the strong RF fields within an amplifier. RF could drive the DC
supply bonkers. Check the supply in place with AC temporarily on the
filaments to make sure it works OK when the amplifier is putting out full
expected power.

73
Bill wa4lav