[Amps] AL-1200 Questions

Dana Roode K6NR at ARRL.net
Sat Nov 22 09:36:30 EST 2003

Folks -

My AL-1200 repair efforts continue.  As you may recall, the parasitic
suppresser came unsoldered and I had some sort of oscillation in the grid
that took out the grid resistors, a resister in the grid meter, and my
756ProII.  It turns out it also took out my ARB-704 relay buffer, and last
weekend the grid meter mechanism itself gave up the ghost.

Questions:
- After replacing the grid resistors, the resting plate current seems too
low, maybe half of what it should be.  Is there an adjustment for this?  I'm
not sure why it would have changed.
- I will order a new meter, should I put a diode across it to protect it in
the future?  What kind?

   Dana