[Amps] AL-1200 Questions

R.Measures r at somis.org
Mon Nov 24 09:42:40 EST 2003

>On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 05:13:21 -0800, R.Measures <r at somis.org> wrote:
>
>>If the I-leakage is more with
>>positive polarity than negative polarity, the leakage involves gold
>>particles.

>Can you explain the mechanism for this?  I'm curious how gold
>particles could create a quasi-rectifier.

**  Gold-evaporation only happens during a VHF or UHF  oscillation in
tubes with a gold-plated grid.   3cx1200... does not have a gold-plated
grid, but in my opinion it can oscillate.  .
--  Joe Funderberg, W6IHA,  said he discoved this phenomenon by
experimentation,  My guess is that the electrons in the outer shell of
gold atoms are repelled by a negative charge and attracted by a positive
charge,
>--
cheerz, Bill