[Amps] AL-1200 Questions

R.Measures r at somis.org
Wed Nov 26 22:26:21 EST 2003

>> >My knowledge of atomic physics is limited, but it strikes me as much more
>> >likely that some of the gold balls have cathode material on them.
>>
>> **  When I see gold meltballs through a  microscope, I see no barium
>> oxide or strontium oxide.

>I'd be surprised if it was there in large enough lumps to see.

**  I can see their spherical shape only with 30 - 50 X magnification.
Otherwise, they look like yellowish dust.  [see Fig 24 on my Web site].
I can see the cathode coating, but none of it appears to be on the
meltballs.
--  ¿Why would strontium oxide and barium oxide be attracted to a
positive charge.?

>Do you see the effect once the balls are out of the tube?

**  I have no means of unsoldering the ceramic-metal seals in order to
remove the contaminant.  The most successful thing I have tried so far is
moving the gold meltballs down into the base by tapping.

cheerz, Steve