[Amps] AMP RATING FOR HEC CERAMIC CAPS

rlm r at somis.org
Tue Oct 14 08:12:33 EDT 2003

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 02:56  PM, PAUL HEWITT wrote:

> Hi Norman
> You didn't spec a frequency.  This may get you close,
> http://www.rfparts.com/caps.html#doorknob  Or e-mail HEC at the link
> on this
> page http://www.highenergycorp.com/ceramic/rftransmit.html  I don't
> see the
> ht-50's listed anymore.  Probably not a good choice below 5mhz at legal
> limit, not a very good temp-co number available either.

•  Good point.  In my experiences, doorknob caps of up to 200pF are
usually temp-stable, and those above 200pF are not.  In commercial
amplifiers, for tank padders, one sees banks of c. 100pF units mounted
between parallel Al plates.  Need a 1600pF Load padder for 160m?
A  4 by 4 square of 100pF units will do the job.  However - for
coupling and RF bypass applications the unstable type works well.