[Amps] Old tubes

on4kj on4kj at skynet.be
Wed Oct 15 23:11:52 EDT 2003

We replaced those valves by the Philips QQE 02/5   QQE 03/12   QQE06/40  in
professional  and military gear in the sixties.
Late seventies they were replaced by transistors of the BLY serie.
Never had troubles with bad seals within the QQE serie, but after about two
years in CCS They lost more then 50% of power for other raisons . Thats
where the radio amateurs we were get them to play with, putting a 7V
fillament instead of the 6V3 they stayed in CCAS for an other couple of
months. Pumped cathode and fillament probably.
I guess that HF valves had, have, a longer life then the VHF ones.
Part of my professional history.......

Jos on4kj